Friday, April 13, 2007

Action!

Tim and I are going to develop a number of applications for enlightenment, as such we would like testers and users!

*Anyone* interested in writing articles, tutorials, how-to's or development notes is welcome to, simply contact me or leave a comment and you will be added as a blog author.

At the moment we are looking for ideas for relatively simple projects that will make the life of an E17 user either easier or prettier!

To start with I'm looking at building a decent - programmer oriented - text editor. In the short term that means an application similar in functionality to Gedit...

We are really interested in any idea's you may have for applications that you would like to have, We're open to any idea's including cloning existing non-EFL applications.

Please leave a comment if you have an idea :-)

-Rob

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there,

I've been using e17 for quite a while now (actually since november 2005 when e17 would crash whilst you middle-clicked on the desktop).
Anyways, I kinda fell on this blog by accident but, as a programmer too, I think it could be a cool idea to program a text editor as Gedit or Kate with EWL and EFLs.

Here are a couple ideas that may help you:
+ being able to open multiple files
+ having a frame to select one of the opened files
+ customizable syntax color (very important!)
+ practical shortcuts such as "Ctrl+D" to comment a line
+ being able to hide a whole bunch of lines (like a function, an if-else condition, a loop, and so on)

That's all I have in mind right now. ;)

Rob said...

Great ideas n-0-X

Some of those are already in my mental list of features. After some more playing with prototype stuff I will post a feature-list that people can comment on :-)